Saturday, September 15, 2007

We don't know much about much, but if you want to know what's going on at training camp,
there is only one place to be [ LGP.com ]

The lines on the first day were:

Sykora-Crosby-Recchi
Roberts-Malkin-Christensen
Armstrong-Staal-Malone
Laraque-Brent-Ruutu
Esposito-Talbot-Adam Hall

Chances on Vigo keeping these lines together for more than 5 minutes is not likely.


If you don't know who Vigo the Carpathian is, you got some catching up to do in life.

...............................................................
  • Staal getting a legitimate shot to center the third line. [ TSN ]
  • Atlantic Division Preview [ TSN ]
................................................................

For people that are new here, never come to us for breaking news.
We'll be all over it when Lemieux announces his comeback in mid-November, but other than that, we just react to the news.

The Post-Gazette's Penguin page is our first stop every day. [ PG PENS ]

There's some diddies on there about Therrien's philosophy and Staal's act of contrition.

And a nice article on Malkin preparing for his second year.


And a picture that proves Alexei Zhitnik actually played last year.

...........................................................................

Around the NHL

  • Patrik Elias may be getting stripped of the "C" in New Jersey [ Fanhouse ]
--If this is the first you're hearing about it, it's because the Devils are yesterday's news.
A couple more losses to a rejuvenated Rangers and Flyers team this year, and the Devils drop to third or fourth place.
  • We may need a Jobber of the Day award.
It would go to Roberto Luongo today. [ Vancouver Sun ]

" Cowan lost an edge during a high-speed one-on-one rush and slid hard into the Hart and Vezina Trophy runner-up. The two became entangled in the net and it seemed like an eternity, although it was only seconds, before they were able to regain their feet. Happily no one was injured.

'I was wondering what was going on,' said Luongo, who was able to chuckle about it after the fact. 'I thought maybe he took a page out of the Anaheim Ducks’ playbook.'"

  • The Predators love Nashville so much that they're raising ticket prices by 25% to pay for all the players they didn't sign. [ Tennessean ]
...............................................

Blogblog

-- NHL.com has changed their box score format for this season,
as some dude noticed when looking at the Kings-Ducks exhibition recap. [ Hockey Numbers ]

image
Coach Bob Hartley handed out these t-shirts to the players at camp [ Blueland Blog ]
Are we alone in thinking the determination factor is killed with the exclamation point?


Whatever a zip car is, this is it.
People can sign up to drive them around, with proceeds going to the children's fund. [ Kukla's Korner ]
The company will not pay for your medical bills when you get beat up.

....................................................................



OPENING FACEOFF COUNTDOWN


25 comments:

Jonny V said...

He is VIGO!!

You are like the buzzing of flies to him!!

The Hebrew Hammer said...

"The Predators love Nashville so much that they're raising ticket prices by 25% to pay for all the players they didn't sign."

-Gold

snoopyjode said...

well, i didn't get tickets to the home opener, but i scored 2 FUCKING SWEET (and unfortunately fucking expensive) seats at the season ending shirts-off-our-backs game vs. philadelphia!!! [*SIGH*] i was hoping to go to the opener, the ice bowl, and the last game, but it was not meant to be.

oh well, maybe i can get the e'n p luxury box for the opener. although i bet those seats were claimed months ago. :(

so does anyone know when they're going to start selling tickets for the ice bowl? ticketmaster basically tried to pretend that a game on jan 1 didn't even exist! that's the one game this year i would actually sell my mother to get tickets for...

Barrasso35 said...

A little over three weeks ago, I bought a "new" car. It is new to me but it's a 1990, a really nice 1990. Much better than my rusted out 1988 Honda Prelude with no radio or A/C.

Three days after I get the car the crank pulley decides to eat itself. Other things went wrong and, to make a long story short, my car has been in the shop for the last three weeks. I drove it for three days, then it was gone for three weeks.

I got it back last night, they finished it just as they were closing and called me to come down. They stayed late on a Friday to get me my car back.

I was pretty happy... or so I thought. That was nothing compared with how I feel now.

I never thought I'd ever say this but God bless Ticketmaster. Because of them I can now say this:

Thursday, February 7th, 2008 at 7:30 PM I'll see all of you in section C27.

Saturday, February 9th, 2008 at 1:00 PM I'll see all of you in section C17.

Sunday, February 10th, 2008 at 1:00 PM I'll see all of you in section D23.

Take that fair weather Pittsburgh businessmen! Trying to call in to (412)323-1919 was mud, all I got was, "all circuits are busy."

I've got tickets to three Penguins games in the same week. At this moment I am indescribably happy. There are no words to explain how happy I am right now... nothing but bad shit could happen to me all day and you wouldn't be able to wipe the smile off my face with a belt sander.

DROP THE PUCK!

rachel said...

Calling was pretty much worthless. I couldn't get tickets to the home opener either, but getting the home closer instead is fine with me. I'm thinking about going to training camp tomorrow. Has anyone gone yet?

The Hebrew Hammer said...

I got 1 ticket to the Rangers on January 14 at 7 PM, D8. Center Ice type seats. Should be a great game.

thomes08 said...

My brother lives in Charlotte.
The Hurricanes play in Raleigh (2hrs)
The Pens' first game in against the 'canes.
Canes tix go on sale tomorrow.

Any advice for getting these tix? I'm going to cry if i can't make a long weekend out of this and see the pens destroy on the road in their first game of the year.

GO PENS!

Staff said...

Pensblog staff will be at the oct 27 game against the habs...

Ticketmaster wasn't too hard to get tickets through

Snoop,

rumor has the tickets will be released soon for the ice bowl.

We have been in contact with someone who is organizing this icebowl thing for pens fans.

We will get all the info out ASAP, we are just trying to confirm all the details

The Hebrew Hammer said...

Yeah calling the Pens hotline was pretty much worthless. Ticketmaster was by far the best way to go. I got my tickets by 10:05

Nathan said...

Thomes, I'd say just get online right when they go on sale. I have no idea how popular Canes tickets are going to be this year, since they missed the playoffs last season. I'm thinking (and hoping) that there'll be something available since it's not Carolina's home opener, but Pittsburgh always draws really well.

If you haven't been, there really isn't a bad seat in the house. There's no obstructed-view seats anywhere. I'm probably going to go for upper deck on the side or in the corner -- reasonably priced, but still a really good sight line.

"Wasn't he also 'Vigo the Butch'?"

Christina said...

got tickets for me and my dad for when i'm home from college -
nov 24 vs atlanta
dec 27 vs crapitals
mar 16 vs flyers

drop the puck already!!

snoopyjode said...

staff,
i will give you my first born child if you can get some inside info that leads to my ass in a seat at the ralph wilson stadium.

i am lucky in that the owner of the company i work for has a half season plan, and he's already informed me of at least 8 of those games which he cannot attend due to business obligations, so he will sell the tickets to me!!! the games that i really, really, really wanted to go to aren't among those 8 games, but they're great seats so i should be glad i have the chance to go at all. that, and the fact that i'm going to the home closer! :)

CONGRATS to all who got tickets (especially those of you out-of-towners who only had specific games that you can go to)!!! now, i will second barrasso35's call to



DROP THE FUCKING PUCK!!!!!!!

Jeffry said...

im going to waste so much money getting tickets to the home opener from a scalper.

Jonny V said...

I got some wicked awesome tickets to Ice Capades, does that count?

Jeff said...

*Weeps into his laptop, 7000 miles away*

Hutch said...

Any chance any of the preseason games get televised? I'm guessing no way, but just curious.

Don K. Show said...

jonny v, you got tickets to a AK-Bars game to watch Morozov?

Or did you mean you got legit Ice Capades tix?

The Hebrew Hammer said...

hutch, no games on FSN Pittsburgh unfortunately

Antonette said...

Does anyone know if the preseason games are going to be radio broadcasted and therefore streamed online?

I'm moving to college tomorrow and am already freaking out about my lack of Penguins and FSN Pittsburgh.

canaanregulatesblog said...

not really sure about that one, antonette. im hoping that pittsburghpenguins.com posts the videos of the games as they have with the training camp scrimmages, though.

Barrasso35 said...

So I'm going to leave it up to Commentorblog:

Which jersey should I get? It's a $300 investment that I'm going to have to live with for many years so all the facts must be weighed.

Roberts-Gary Roberts is the man, no doubt about it but I can't help feeling like he's a free agent mercenary in search of a cup who'll end up playing 3-4 seasons with the Pens, tops.

Sidney Crosby-He'll be with the Penguins for his entire career or damn near. He's the franchise player, no doubt but everyone is going to have one. That said, everyone has Lemieux jerseys and that doesn't mean they're not cool.

MAF-I'm a goalie man, obviously, it's the position I'd play if I could play hockey in Kansas. Right now it looks as though he could be the first real franchise netminder since Barrasso but he's still a little shakey. Having a 29 in my 66 and 35 laden jersey collection would be nice, however.

Opinions?

Jonny V said...

I think it was written in the Bible or something...Go with Fleury

Hooks Orpik said...

First of all, it's so perfect there's 21 comments right now so I almost feel bad about contributing to commentorblog on Michel Briere day...

But I wanted to give advice to barrasso35: keep in mind this is coming from maybe the only person in the world to own a James Harrison #92 Steelers jersey, so take this with a grain of salt....

A Roberts jersey is short-term. IF and when the Pens win the Cup this year, you'd look like a genius for reppin Mr. Roberts. But 2 years from now I can't imagine Roberts still around.

If you don't want to get a Captain Crosby jersey just because everyone else has one, but still want a good player that will be here a while, go #19 Ryan Whitney and his 6 year contract.

But if you really like goalies, go Fleury, he should be a good one for a long time.

Whatever you do though, don't copy me with a white #25 Talbot.

snoopyjode said...

barrasso35,
i agree with jonny v. since you, too, are a goalie, go with fleury. you can't go wrong with that choice. :)

Barrasso35 said...

They say that cat Barrasso35 is a baaaaaaaaaad MAFer-

Shut your mouth!

Just talkin' 'bout Barrasso35.

We can dig it!

Drop the puck.

Disclaimer

We are in no way affiliated with the Pittsburgh Penguins of the National Hockey League.

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, The Pensblog uses logos and registered trademarks of the National Hockey League to convey our criticism and inform the public.

Photos on The Pensblog are used without permission but do not interfere with said owner's profit.

If you own a specific image on this site and want it removed, please e-mail us (thepensblog@gmail.com) and we will be happy to oblige.

wooo