Friday, October 20, 2006

Spending the night at home and my dad wanted me to help him organize the attic. I took the opportunity to rummage through all my old crap. It was a gold mine up there.

Among the Items Found:

  • 1989-90 Panini Hockey Sticker Book
  • 1991-92 Panini Hockey Sticker Book
  • 1993-94 Panini Hockey Sticker Book
  • October 22, 2000 Ice-Time Game Program
  • 1995-96 Post-Gazette Penguins season preview
Without further ado...

Here are the sticker book scans. Mind the imperfect application of the stickers. I was six.

I had to tear the entire sticker book into seperate pages because my scanner is a scanner/fax/printer combo. It does the paper-feed thing. I just wanted everyone to realize that I ripped up the most prized possession in the history of my life for your (and my) viewing pleasure.

1989-90 Penguins Team
(Page 1) Barrasso rocking the 1980's brown equipment.
(Page 2) Phil Bourque and Bob Errey in all their glory.
Look at how desolate the Hill District is in that Civic Arena picture. Wow, it felt good right there calling it the Civic Arena.
Quebec Nordiques
(Page 1) Young Joe Sakic wearing number 88.
Winnipeg Jets
(Page 1) What a badass logo
(Page 2) First Pensblog sighting of excellent role-playing defenseman Peter Taglianetti
1991-92
Wales Conference All-Star Starting Lineup (4 Penguins)
Check out these Hartford Whalers ones:
(Page 1) Ron Francis
(Page 2) Ulf and Scott Young

Commenter GHOST OF RANDY CUNNEYWORTH will love this one:
1992-93 Hartford Whalers
(Page 1) Top-right

Special request from Roy, operator of Wild Puck Banter (Best Minnesota Wild blog)
Minnesota North Stars
(Page 1) Brian Bellows of Kevin Stevens-Bryan Trottier fame.
(Page 2) Larry Murphy sighting and that grass near the arena looks fake.

Requests for other teams, let us know...

10 comments:

ghost of randy cunneyworth said...

look at Borque owning in that pic.

Brushback said...

This is cool stuff!

ghost of randy cunneyworth said...

holy shit. i now consider my life complete thank you

sick nordiques page

PensBlog Jobber said...

Look at Ulfy in that diarhea-green whalers uni.

when did they stop makin sticker books and why

Adam said...

That question gave me one last thing to do before bed.
I wikipedia-ed panini and all they talk about is the world cup.
you google panini hockey and all that comes up is ebay crap.
might call panini tomorrow to find out...if pitt-rutgers doesn't put me to sleep.

thanks for reading.

Roy said...

Any North Stars?

Anonymous said...

Statboy said...

How about some Calgary Flames action. I'd like the see the likes of Joe Niewendyk, Theron Fleury, Gary Roberts, Mike Vernon, Gary Sutter, Al McInnis, Joel Otto among others.

Thanks.

Robert said...

i remember going out for recess in catholic school in bridgeville and coming back only to find someone took my book from my desk and ripped my mario lemieux sticker out of my 100% completed sticker book.

that was just before i got caught stealing the black/blue sticker packs from the 7-11 near my house. i must have been 8 or 9.

Laura von Awesome said...

This really is cool stuff, people... I may be a Leafer, but I have really come to hate the Sens and their obnoxious fans. I hope that Alfie chokes on some serious Penguin cock, because that's what the Sens do best :)

Anyway, Gary Roberts is GOD, especially since I'm a fan of his from back in the day;) But the genius in charge of the photoshops runs a pretty close second :P

In the absence of my boys in blue, I think I might start going to work in black and gold just to annoy all the idiot Sens fans. Every time one comes to my cash, I say, 'how about them Penguins?"

You guys have given me some of the best laughs I've had in a looong time... Except the Sens themselves, and Captain Cheapshot's guarantee. Haha!

Go Pens!

gayuh said...

"My Parents' Attic Comes Up Huge"
nice post, thanks for sharing. please visit me back Mobil Keluarga Ideal Terbaik Indonesia Gayuh Blog

Disclaimer

We are in no way affiliated with the Pittsburgh Penguins of the National Hockey League.

In accordance with the Fair Use Copyright Law, The Pensblog uses logos and registered trademarks of the National Hockey League to convey our criticism and inform the public.

Photos on The Pensblog are used without permission but do not interfere with said owner's profit.

If you own a specific image on this site and want it removed, please e-mail us (thepensblog@gmail.com) and we will be happy to oblige.

wooo